The goal is, by year’s end, twelve dishes that clean out a lingering ingredient from the pantry or freezer. So far I’m at ten:
1. Smoked turkey quinoa jook. (Turkey bones and quinoa)
2. Pumpkin rum cake. (Canned pumpkin)
3. Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. (Frozen chicken; garlic; the last artichoke heart)
4. Roast lamb with ancho chiles. (Dried ancho chiles)
5. Pozole. (Beautiful Rancho Gordo hominy)
6. Pumpkin Salad with Cilantro Rice (Rye berries and arborio rice)
7. Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Bacon (Frozen bacon)
8. Brown Rice Paella (Short grain organic brown rice; frozen seafood mix)
9. Edamame salad with avocado and pomegranate (clean sweep!)
10. Fingerling potato salad. (Lingering fingerlings).
Three days and two dishes to go!